The easy way to
Give your card that certain something!
(Only available for premium cards (offset print quality)!)
What is partial coating?Partial coating or Spot UV is a coating of selected areas of your design with a transparent glossy lacquer.
How can I order it?We offer the following options:
- We will create the necessary file for you for a flat fee of only
4.98 €*and add it to your order.
- Create your card with our Classic Online Designer by choosing one of our "Backgrounds with partial coating"
- Choose one of our free spot templates suitable for every design.
- Create your spot UV- File yourself, following these 3 Steps:
3 Steps to partial coating
- Open the file you originally uploaded. Colour all elements you want to be high gloss coated black. Everything that is not suppposed to be glossy coated / intended to stay matte, needs to be white (or deleted from the file).
- Upload your original file/artwork in the appropriate area, check the preview and choose the option "Partial coating".
- Upload the spot UV file you created to our website and check that the colour file matches the spot UV file using the Position controller.
* There may be further costs for very complex designs. We also reserve the right to refuse requests.
Simulate expensive textured papers with the partial coating. Experience the feel of the surface.
This is how it works:
Upload your design. The spot-templates are available for business cards, post cards (all sizes) and greeting cards (all sizes).
Choose the option "partial coating (Spot UV)" and the option "spot-templates". Select the desired template for your cards.Examples